For veggie gardens we recommend: two parts Top soil to one part Compost
- Coast of Maine Quoddy Blend Lobster Compost. The original "seafood" compost. Made with chitin-rich lobster blended with peat humus and compost
- Coast of Maine Schoodic Blend Cow Manure Compost, a dark, rich soil made from carefully composted cow manure and peat humus.
- Bumper Crop® Organic Soil Amendment – an Organic Soil Amendment super charged with Mycorrhizae, Worm Castings, Kelp Meal and Dehydrated Poultry Manure.
Top soil options:
- GrowMax Top Soil (available in bulk)
- Coast of Maine Monhegan Blend Black Earth, an exceptionally rich blend of naturally composted barks and fine sand.
For planting annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees we recommend: dig a hole twice as big as the purchased plant and mix in one part compost or planting mix with one part existing soil.
- Coast of Maine Penobscot Blend Compost & Peat (aka Planting Mix). Penobscot Blend is made with fully matured salmon, blueberry and mussel compost (2/3) and sphagnum moss peat (1/3).
- Bumper Crop (includes mycorrhizae, worm castings, kelp meal and dehydrated poultry manure)
For general fertilizing we recommend:
- Bumper Crop - available in a variety of organic formulas to meet your needs.
- Neptunes Fish and Seaweed
- Coast of Maine Fish Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal and Lobster Meal
For fertilizing lawns we recommend:
- Lawn Booster (do not use with new seeds)
- North Country Organics PRO-GRO 5-3-4, a premium general-purpose fertilizer that excels in every application.
- Espoma Spring and Fall lawn booster
For mulch options we recommend:
- Forest Pine: made from 100% Southern Pine Bark, which has been screened
- Coast of Maine Dark Harbor Enriching Mulch: an exceptionally rich, fine-textured blend of naturally composted barks
- Coast of Maine Pine & Spruce
- Coast of Maine Cedar (helps with insect control)
- Sweet Peet: The Best Mulch on Earth - 100% organic due to its make-up of virgin wood products, manure, and plant fibers (available in bulk)
- Premium Dark Brown Shredded Bark Mulch (also available in bulk)
How much mulch or soil?